01 October, 2008

It was a day of firsts for the both of us

I was sixteen at the time, pissed off and doing what I do best, goading someone till they snap. They snapped and the next thing I know a knife is at my throat and I get a massive shot of adrenalin. WTF where did the knife come from anyway? I didn’t start to cry, beg or wet my pants (on reflection I really surprised my self on this point) I got angry. Now I’m not completely stupid mind you I wanted to come out of this situation alive so I didn’t make an aggressive lunge for the knife or goad them on even further (goading will just get you dead it never plays out like in the movies) but I also didn’t try and talk them down either... I don't like giving in, (my pride often has the annoying habit of trying to beat my life to a bloody pulp). From this point on things get awkward, not the ‘my housemate just caught me cleaning the toilet with his electric toothbrush’ kind of awkward, but more of a ‘hey buddy, I just seriously thought about killing you just then but at the last moment decided not to’ awkward. So their we were just sort of chilling, not really knowing what to do from here.

No comments: